Immigration Paralegal or Attorney Wanted - Must be Bilingual
compensation: TBD employment type: full-time
Immigration Paralegal wanted: Must be bilingual Please email resume
Job Purpose: Saves attorney's time by researching, obtaining, compiling, and preparing information.
Duties: * Researches law sources by identifying applicable statutes, judicial decisions, and codes; initiating patent and trademark searches.
* Compiles evidence and supporting information by searching records, discovery documents, transcripts, libraries, and databases; interviewing clients, third parties, and expert witnesses.
* Prepares legal documents for attorney's approval and use by identifying forms and formats; producing text; proofreading; maintaining document control system.
* Begins legal actions by arranging for notice and subpoena service.
* Oversees cases by managing files and documents; coordinating with support services and clients, opposing law firms, and courts; managing court docket calendar; expediting paper flow; maintaining schedules and deadlines; generating status reports, logs, and indexes; processing settlement papers and payments.
* Prepares for trial by preparing trial notebooks, exhibits, and witness files; obtaining jury list and background information; preparing questions for jury selection.
* Prepares witnesses by detailing background information; interviewing witnesses; preparing interview summaries and statements.
* Composes legal abstracts by summarizing deposition, arbitration, hearing, trial, and other transcripts.
* Drafts appeals by researching legal basis for appeal.
* Maintains database by organizing document control; designing retrieval systems; summarizing, coding, and storing documents; updating system.
* Completes real and personal property transactions by inventorying and appraising assets; arranging sales; establishing payment mechanisms.
* Maintains law library by receiving and updating law service reporting systems.
* Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing publications.
* Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Skills/Qualifications: Legal Compliance, Research Skills, Analyzing Information , Dealing with Complexity, Administrative Writing Skills, Reporting Skills, Telephone Skills, Multi-tasking, Organization, Legal Administration Skills, Client Relationships
Immigration Paralegal or Attorney Wanted - Must be Bilingual (Spanish)
Please submit cover letter, resume, and writing sample.
Employment Type: TBD
Job Purpose: Assist supervising attorney in legal research, obtaining, compiling, and preparing legal documents.
* Conduct research of legal issues by identifying applicable statutes and judicial decisions.
* Compiles evidence and supporting information by searching records, requesting documents from clients, interviewing clients, third parties, and expert witnesses.
* Prepare legal documents for attorney's approval and use by identifying forms, drafting legal documents (such as filling out forms, drafting affidavits, motions, and cover letters), and be able to proofread thoroughly.
* Keep track of deadlines and be at least one step ahead in what comes next in any particular case.
* Oversees cases by managing files and documents; coordinating with support services, clients, DHS, and courts; Managing court docket calendar; Expediting paper flow; Maintaining schedules and deadlines; Generating status reports, logs, and indexes.
* Prepares for trial by preparing trial notebooks, exhibits, and witness files.
* Prepare witnesses by detailing background information; Interview witnesses; Preparing interview summaries and statements.
* Works in a team.
* Translate (able to read and write) legal documents and affidavits from English to Spanish.
* Interpret from English to Spanish, and vice versa.
Hamilton Law proudly represents immigrant through all stages of the immigration process. We work with clients through humanitarian visas, asylum, citizenship, family-based immigration, and removal defense.