Reporting to the Manager of Attorney Recruiting and under general supervision of the Director of Attorney Recruiting, the Attorney Recruiting Coordinator will coordinate interviews and activities related to attorney recruiting. She/he assists with the organization and planning of the summer associate program, lateral recruiting and orientation. Also, she/he assists the Manager of Attorney Recruiting in all aspects of daily tasks.
PRIMARY FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
On-Campus Recruiting: • Receives and reviews incoming candidate resumes. • Travels on-campus and accompanies attorneys to on-campus interviews. • Welcomes students in hospitality suites. • Responds to applicant inquiries. • Drafts student status correspondence; offers and declines after-interview letters (when administrative assistant is not available). • Coordinates interview schedules: • Prepares candidate interview packages. • Coordinates on-campus interview registration/resume screening/contact with local law schools. • Schedules and coordinates callback interviews. • Coordinates hospitality suites and follow up dinners. • Maintains relationship/communication with law school placement offices. • Assists with organization and planning of student receptions. • Compiles information for NALP. • Maintains LawCruit and other on-campus recruiting databases; prepares status reports (when administrative assistant is not available). • Assists manager with preparation for recruiting committee meetings; attends meetings as directed. • Prepares and processes candidate travel expenses. Lateral/Associate Recruiting: • Assists manager with initiating searches. • Maintains and processes fee agreements with search firms. • Coordinates scheduling, screening and callback interviews with candidates and attorneys. • Prepares candidate interview packages. • Prepares Summer Associate Program questionnaire. • Follows and completes lateral hiring checklist procedures.
Summer Associate Program: • Assists with preparation of agendas for committee meetings; attends meetings as directed. • Assists summer associates with all aspects of relocation, as needed. • Prepares Summer Associate page on MorganNet. • Reviews and prepares weekly expense forms; prepares weekly budget status reports throughout the summer. • Coordinates Summer Associate office orientation. • Assists in the planning and organization of summer events. • Attends summer associate events as appropriate. • Develops relationship with summer associates. • Communicates frequently with summer associates regarding integration and summer experience. • Responds to questions and requests from summer associates and attorneys about summer program.
Fall Associate Orientation: • Coordinates Bar Exam Registration and Bar Review Courses. • Coordinates salary stipends while studying for the Bar Exam. • Assists with the Fall Associate orientation.
Other: • Attends and participates in Professional Recruiting meetings. • Assists the manager with law school outreach programs. • Coordinates due diligence for students and laterals. • Coordinates conflict clearance for students and laterals. • Prepares offer letters. • Prepares Personnel Action Notices, as required. • Supports other projects, as assigned. • Attends process and educational meetings. • Performs various assignments at the request of PRC, Office Managing Partners and Practice Group Leaders. • Fields daily recruiting/legal personnel questions for attorneys, fall associates, summer associates and laterals. • Other duties as assigned.
• This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
This job requires:
• a Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university,
• minimum 2 years of related recruiting or Human Resources experience,
or, equivalent combination of education and experience.
OTHER QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS: To perform the job successfully, an individual must demonstrate the following knowledge skills and abilities:
• Technical skills • Written communication skills • Verbal communication skills • Customer service skills • Interpersonal skills • Strategic thinking • Self-starter • Project management skills • Teamwork • Budgeting experience • Planning/organizational skills • Problem solving skills • Ability to adapt to change and balance competing demands • Ability to read and interpret general business documents, instructions and manuals, write routine business correspondence, and speak effectively with employees, clients, and vendors. • Advanced arithmetic skills (compute rate, ratio, percent; able to draw and interpret graphs and charts). • Ability to carry out written, oral or diagrammed instructions, involving several variables, in routine situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have a basic knowledge of the following software:
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and may occasionally be required to move about. The employee is also regularly required to use a computer, involving substantial movements of the wrists, hands and fingers. The employee is also required to regularly communicate with others. • The employee may also occasionally be expected to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds with assistance. • Specific vision abilities required by this job include: close vision and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT • The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. • This job may require occasional travel to law schools and other Morgan Lewis offices. • This job requires the flexibility to work beyond the regular business hours, specifically evenings and weekends during the Summer and Fall.
Every person at Morgan Lewis is treated with respect, supported with extensive resources and training, and exposed to a broad range of experiences.
We provide law students, practicing lawyers, and legal professionals with abundant opportunities to share their knowledge and passion for the law with clients and colleagues.
We are committed to building a diverse workforce and creating an inclus...ive environment where everyone can thrive. Our leadership is actively involved in managing our commitment to diversity and inclusion, and fostering a culture that creates opportunities for everyone. We apply this same level of commitment when serving our communities.