Join the Largest Public Transportation Authority in North America As A
Vice President, Paratransit Services
MTA New York City Transit (NYCT) is the largest public transportation agency in North America and one of the largest in the world. NYC Transit operates 24/7 bus and subway service to transport an average weekday ridership of 7 Million passengers.
MTA NYC Transit (NYCT) provides paratransit service called Access-A-Ride in New York City. This service is provided in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) for individuals who are unable to use Fixed Route Bus or Subway Service for some or all of their trips. The program is administered by the Department of Buses Paratransit Division.
The division is seeking an executive with fifteen (15) years of experience to oversee the operations of the New York City Access-A-Ride (AAR) service as established under the American with Disabilities Act (ADA). The selected candidate will also oversee the development of three new units which include Internal Control & Fraud Detection, Compliance and Technology Project Management. In addition, the Vice President will lead a joint effort with NYC Taxi & Limousine Commission by piloting the use of Transit Network Connectivity (TNC). This new initiative will provide customers of Paratransit to use taxis and accessible taxis will give customers additional transportation options and flexibility leading to quality service.
Additional responsibilities include the following:
- Direct all related functions for Paratransit including Reservations, Command Center, Budget, Contracts Management, Eligibility Compliance, etc.
- Establish policy and procedures and provide executive direction of service for people with disabilities using third party transportation contracts
- Direct and research the creation and enhancements of all Paratransit technologies to improve service
- Organize outreach services to inform the public about Paratransit services
- Closely study and follow the ADA changes in rules and regulations and make appropriate changes to Paratransit service
The successful candidate should possess fifteen (15) years of full-time related experience, of which eight (8) years must have been in a managerial/supervisory/administrative capacity. In addition, the selected candidate must hold a bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Transportation, Public Administration, Law or a closely related field. A satisfactory equivalent of the combined education and experience requirements may be accepted.
NYC Transit, Paratransit Division offers their associates competitive compensation and a robust benefit package which includes:
- Medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage
- Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
- New York’s 529 College Saving Plan
- Flexible spending accounts
- Municipal Credit Union
Use the following link to view the full position description and to apply
http://tinyurl.com/j7uz87e – OR -- visit mta.info/employment, select NYC Transit and Job Postings. Select Search Job Now and search by job title, Vice President, Paratransit Services, JVN: 88580. Additional job opportunities within the Paratransit Division are also available via http://web.mta.info/mta/employment/
MTA New York City Transit is an Equal Opportunity Employer