Exciting Opportunity as Associate Counsel
Verifi is growing rapidly and we have a need to expand our legal team with folks who are passionate, hardworking and like to have fun while supporting our company with a variety of legal support services.
Join Verifi and you join the leading solution in the ecommerce marketplace for payment and risk management.
You will be responsible for assisting our General Counsel with a diversified range of responsibilities including:
- Providing high quality, effective legal counsel, advice and representation, to company operations on a variety of legal risks and opportunities including regulatory, employment, contracts, sales/business development, marketing, real estate, intellectual property, branding guidelines, data privacy, and other business matters
- Working closely on IP matters including trademark and patent filings (in conjunction with outside counsel)
- Working closely with several internal clients including Sales, Bus Dev, Marketing, Bus Operations, Technology, HR, and Finance and will support the Corporate team on strategic transactions
- Drafting, revising and providing feedback related to legal documents, and a wide variety of contracts including services, leases, vendor agreements, ndas, etc.
- Retaining, directing, and managing outside counsel as required
- Participating in legal updates to employee handbooks, information security documentation, etc. including compliance review and support
- Proactively identifying and recommending solutions for legal risks
- Coordinate and manage patent filings
- Ensuring competent, ethical and diligent representation of company in all cases assigned
- Other duties as assigned