Akerman LLP, a leading US law firm, is seeking a Recruiting Assistant to be based in our New York office. The position will support our Legal Recruiting team and is responsible for assisting in the overall administration of the legal recruiting process.
* Assist with scheduling of candidate interviews, including reserving conference rooms and video conference equipment when necessary, making lunch/dinner reservations and coordinating candidate travel arrangements
* Process candidate expense reimbursements through ChromeRiver
* Draft decline letters and inform candidates and search firms of declination in a timely fashion
* Enter and update candidate information in viRecruit and other applications as needed
* Assist with lateral recruiting research projects (LinkedIn searches, law firm website searches, etc...)
* Assist with job postings
* Assist with collecting summer associate evaluations
* Assist with Continuing Legal Education (CLE) administration, including obtaining and tracking approvals for in-house attorney training programs and distribution of CLE certificates
* Provide general administrative support for department
Qualified candidates must have strong communication and organizational skills. At least one year of related recruiting experience in an office setting; law firm/law school is preferred. Have experience in MS Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint. The ideal candidate must be highly organized, the ability to work independently as well as in a fast-paced team environment. A Bachelor's degree is highly preferred. Please submit your resume and salary requirements: EOE M/F/D/V
About Akerman LLP
Akerman LLP is a top 100 U.S. law firm recognized by Financial Times as among the most forward thinking firms in the industry. Its more than 700 lawyers and business professionals collaborate with the world’s most successful enterprises and entrepreneurs to navigate change, seize opportunities, and help drive innovation and growth. Akerman is known for its results in middle market M&A and complex disputes, and for helping clients achieve their most important business objectives in the financial services, real estate and other dynamic sectors across the United States and Latin America.