As a Coverage Attorney for Great West, you will focus on the motor carrier policy, providing counsel, training, and assistance to the regions' claims departments to foster consistent, efficient, and appropriate claims practices. You will prepare coverage opinions and memoranda on claims legal topics as well as oversee litigation and declaratory judgment action while supervising outside counsel.
- JD degree. You must be licensed to practice in at least one state.
- Insurance defense, litigation, regulatory compliance, or administrative law experience preferred.
- Strong attention to detail with above-average multi-tasking skills and the ability to adapt quickly to situations that require an immediate transition.
- Critical and analytical thinking skills are a must for reviewing complex claims issues.
- Excellent communication and public speaking skills.
Who we are:
Great West Casualty Company provides specialized insurance products unique to the trucking industry and outstanding customer service to the thousands of truck drivers and trucking companies we serve. Over the past 60 years, we have grown to five offices serving insureds in over 40 states. We are now one of America's largest insurers of trucking companies. If your passion is to help others, you value education and continuous improvement, you enjoy participating in community activities, and you want to be valued for your contributions, come be part of our successful team.
Why work for us?
We offer you a challenging career with a competitive compensation and benefits package, including:
- A formal Management Development Program.
- Paid study materials, exam fees, study day, and monetary awards for professional development.
- Paid vacation and paid sick leave.
- Opportunities to impact the organization through participation in committees (Green Team, Fun Committee, etc.).
- Support of a healthy lifestyle through a wellness program and gym subsidy.
Location: South Sioux City, Nebraska
Great West Casualty Company is headquartered in a metro area that joins three states. Our corporate office is in South Sioux City, Nebraska, just across the Missouri River from Sioux City, Iowa, and North Sioux City, South Dakota, in a region nicknamed Siouxland. Recently selected as the 7th most livable small city in the U.S., Siouxland is home to more than 180,000 residents, offers affordable Midwest living, a vibrant downtown, a multitude of outdoor activities, live music, semi-pro sports, shopping, and more.
This position qualifies for relocation assistance. To learn more about Great West and our office locations, please visit our website www.gwccnet.com.
Great West Casualty Company.