Seeking Full Time or Full Part Time bilingual secretary. Must have at least 2-3 solid years of immigration law experience. Must be able to work on a file immediately after being hired. Must be independent and follow specific instructions. List of qualifications and experience required. Only apply if you plan to work and stay in Philadelphia for a long time. Prefer someone who is local. There will be a 2 week trial period.
1. 2-3 years of experience in Adjustment of Status cases, employment cases and deportation/removal cases. Can train in one of these areas for the right candidate, but must excel in the other areas.
2. Complete knowledge of consular processing
3. Excellent computer skills - Word, Excel, etc. Typing speed at least 50 wpm. Excellent phone skills. Must be patient with difficult clients
4. Fluent in English and Spanish with excellent grammar in both languages. Must be able to translate documents,
5. Must have reliable transportation. Being late is not an option
6. I prefer not to have someone who is looking to attend night school to seek a different career. Seeking long term relationship.
Email me your resume, cover letter and salary requirements. Please note that this is a solo practice law firm, therefore, I cannot pay you what big law firms could pay.
It is important to have a car or live nearby the office which is located in North Philadelphia. I have encountered too many problems with public transportation from some of my previous secretaries.
Must be independent and be able to read instructions and manuals and figure out how to file applications. Guidance is given and is available. However, if you have 2-3 years of solid experience, you should already know where to file out certain applications and how many copies are needed and which entities need to be served.
If you lack in some areas of immigration law, then I can train you. However, this will impact your salary requirement. My time is valuable and your requested salary should reflect that, if I am spending months training you.