Nacero & YOU- An energy company for the new natural gas paradigm
Assistant General Counsel
What if you could change the world without changing your car? Nacero is moving the needle with a transitional fuel that’s better for the environment. We are bringing a new gasoline to market, one made from domestic natural gas in safe, modern facilities and we are seeking an Assistant General Counsel to help us achieve this vision.
This is an incredible opportunity for the right attorney to help bring a new technology to market in first of its kind facilities across the US. Innovation is at the core of Nacero’s operating principles. The organization is looking for a business-minded savvy entrepreneurial lawyer; someone who brings the legal chops but understands and can respond to the needs of a fast-growing business and wants to be “inside the room” helping senior management and high-powered talented engineering and commercial teams build the new mobility future, and who isn’t afraid to roll up their sleeves and work outside their lane. This will be highly visible role, working with investors and collaborating with key stakeholders across the organization to ensure excellence.
Based in Houston and reporting to the General Counsel, the Assistant General Counsel will assist with all aspects of the legal functions of the company as the right hand of the General Counsel. The Assistant General Counsel will be one of the key architects of a new Legal Department being built on public company standards.
Help change the game with Nacero.
• Identify and manage legal risks across the organization
• Help steward multi-billion dollar construction projects from siting, land purchase option and purchase agreements, entitlements, title clearing, mineral estate due diligence and surface waivers, entitlements, through construction and to full operations, including contracting for technology licensing, early engineering, FEED, EPC and O&M services
• Negotiate commercial contracting strategies for purchase of natural gas feedstock, pipeline transportation, renewable natural gas, as well as long-term framework supply agreements with key equipment and controls vendors, and offtake sales of gasoline, LPGs, RINs, and hydrogen
• Financing documents, including HoldCo equity rounds and project-level debt and equity financings
• Help build out a nationwide retail vehicle fueling footprint with net-zero carbon gasoline, EV charging and hydrogen fueling options
• Tax and other economic incentive programs and agreements
• Consulting with management, commercial advisors, tax experts, accountants and marketing staff
• General corporate, compliance and governance: share sale and issuance, SEC and Blue Sky compliance and filings, shareholders agreement, Board and shareholder meetings and consents
• Assist with developing Board committee charters, corporate policies, compliance programs and tools.
• Other corporate-level consulting agreements and general contracts
• Employment matters, providing direct assistance to Human Resources Director for employee issues
• Maintain trademark portfolio and branding agreements
• Mentor and train additional legal staff as the Legal Department grows
• Create a collaborative environment where knowledge and skills are shared to facilitate efficient and timely delivery of services
• J.D. from an ABA-accredited law school and licensed to practice law in the US.
• 10+ years of legal practice
• In house experience, hiring and directing work of external counsel
• Legal generalist with a willingness and curiosity to learn new areas of law, and then select and direct the work of external counsel in different subject areas
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, as well as a professional and courteous attitude
• Demonstrated value of honesty and integrity, respect for others, teamwork and collaboration, accountability and performance
• Ability to handle sensitive information with discretion, integrity and the highest degree of confidentiality
• Demonstrated abilities in successfully leading change management
• Entrepreneurial leader with ability to thrive in highly dynamic, fast-paced environment
• An intelligent and articulate individual who can relate to people at all levels of an organization and possesses excellent communication skills including the ability to develop and deliver presentations
• Self-motivated professional, very comfortable interfacing with all levels of the organization
• A well-organized and self-directed individual who encourages teamwork, creativity, technology, innovation and collaboration
• Demonstrate good methodical decision-making during problem solving
• Ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a changing environment to meet business needs
• An energetic, forward-thinking, and creative individual with high ethical standards
• Execution in a dynamic environment requiring flexibility, collaboration, and industry engagement
• Adept at influencing others with effective collaboration skills and the ability to work with and incorporate ideas of other organizations
• Licensed to practice in Texas
• Oil & gas, major project construction or operations
• Nationwide retail experience
• Public company experience with IPO, 8-K’s, 10-K’s, public company governance and compliance
• Accounting, business or engineering degree
Nacero is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breast-feeding and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability (including medical condition), military or veteran status, political preference, marital status, citizenship, genetic information or other status protected by law or regulation. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. Nacero participates in E-Verify.
Additional Salary Information: Base pay range: Dependent on experience and qualifications. Additional compensation: Non-qualified stock options. Benefits: Medical/dental/vision care, flexible PTO plan, remote work options, paid parental leave, STD, LTD, 401K, employer paid life insurance
About Nacero Inc.
Based in Houston, TX, Nacero Inc. is bringing a new gasoline to market, one that is made from natural gas and renewable natural gas, not crude oil. The Company plans to build production facilities where it can create environmental and economic benefit for its consumers, host communities, commercial counterparties, and shareholders. Founded in 2015, Nacero is led by a team with more than 500 years of combined successful large project experience across power, renewables, LNG, fuels, and chemicals. Find out more at www.nacero.co.