Law Office of Pietro Canestrelli, a Tax Controversy Boutique, APC
Location: Temecula, California
Type: Full Time
Required Education: Juris Doctor
Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k other fringe benefits
2 openings available.
If you're looking for an easy job with a government agency where you are just a cog in the big machine, this is not the job for you
If you're looking for a high pressure job with a big law firm where you will work 60 plus hours per week with high mandatory billable hours, this is not the job for you
If you are looking to make a difference in people’s lives by helping to balance the asymmetry of knowledge in taxpayers favor by arming taxpayer David’s to fight against IRS and other taxing authority Goliaths, this is the job for you
If you are looking to have a life outside of work, be valued while at work, and you want to learn all the aspects to be a great tax attorney, this is the job for you.
If you are self-motivated, client focused and team oriented, this is the job for you.
The Associate Attorney must handle tax and business. Tax is a very complicated area of law and the Associate Attorney must have some knowledge about the intricacies of federal and state tax law. In particular, the Associate Attorney should have some understanding of tax controversy procedures.
In addition, the Associate Attorney must have an understanding of business transactional law. In particular the Associate Attorney must be able to draft by-laws, operating agreements and other basic business documents.
The Associate Attorney will answer directly to the Senior Attorney assigned to a particular case.
Duties of the Associate Attorney include the following:
• Discussing tax cases and negotiating with IRS and California tax authorities.
• Reviewing and revising tax collection forms.
• Conducting research using legislation, case law, and other legal texts as sources.
• Drafting legal documents, including letters, petitions, business documents and estate planning documents.
• Representing clients at meetings, hearings, and at trials.
• Interacting with clients.
• Informing your Senior Attorney about developments in each case.
• Keeping confidential records and tax information for clients.
• Understanding basic finance and accounting principles.
• Evaluating and assessing complicated tax issues.
• Working well with legal assistants, Senior Attorneys and other staff members.
• Reporting on hours spent on each assignment.
Ant candidate must have a J.D. degree from an ABA-approved law school and be an active member in good standing of the California Bar with 1+ years of experience.
Candidate must have a J.D. degree and be an active member in good standing of the California Bar with 0 – 5 years of experience. LLM in Taxation preferred.